Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Day in the life of young Jess...

So I go to the 7-11 on the lower end of Imperial Avenue by LAX and it's like 3 in the morning, nobody there, just the way I like it. I gather up a couple of drumstick ice cream cones, the ones with the flat swirly top. I was into those because they put a block of chocolate at the bottom of the cone to stop the leakage. Brilliant. I supported that kind of dessert technology. Anyway, I also get some Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips, a V-8 Juice thing and I'm good to go. The Indian dude rings me up, when this Armenian cat walks in and he asks for a condom. Suddenly I feel embarrassed. I actually go, "tee hee." Like a damn school kid. I mean, I'm there with a bunch of junk food and this guy is purchasing a sex device. He sure as shit ain't marveling at the innovations in ice cream technology. He's thinking about getting laid. He's thinking about getting compensated. And me, I'm standing there holding my bag of goodies, as if I'm hoping to win the Golden Ticket to the Chocolate Factory... My God, what happened? When did The Dream go so horribly wrong? Sigh. But at least my drumsticks won't leak.

No comments: