Tuesday, July 3, 2007

On genius...

There are so many types of genius, take your pick. You have the 'what in the hell are they talking about' scientists (Hawking, Einstein), the 'Don't get in an elevator with' tortured souls (Van Gogh, Nietzsche), The number tumbling babes (Kovalevskaya, Agnesi), the 'what can't they do' Renaissance men (Da Vinci, Goethe), then there are the self-induced, world revolves around me recluses (Thoreau, Salinger), the great drinking bud bohemian artistes (Shakespeare, Picasso), the 'can't take them anywhere' rabble rousers (Socrates, Rand), the Wunderkind (Mozart, Springsteen), and many other fine examples.

Like superheroes, you can take your pick on what kind of legend you want to be. Me, I go for the Friendly Neighborhood Genius. The All American Clean Cut Genius Next Door. Yes. I'm very down to earth. All my handlers tell me so. One time, this guy in my entourage, I forget his name, he was like, "Mr. Piszczor, sir, you are so down with the people." And I was all, "Damn right sucka. I'm people who am people. Now go get me some perogis."

No comments: