Wednesday, July 4, 2007

For all my selfless devotion I expect hugh returns...

So I’m chillin’ in my usual first class seat, sipping on my third scotch and waiting to be whisked home after once again making the world safe for telecommunications when next to me sits a man of the cloth. It’s cool and all I figure and besides I look so fly in black that I even considered doing the clergy gig one weekend. Anyway I figure I should be on my best behavior so I offer to buy the Reverend a drink (Yeah I know it’s all free in first class but if it wasn’t I would have still antied up, at least for the first round, that’s just the type classy guy I am!) and he looks at me with these wide eyes and says, “Don’t you live in the ways of the Lord?”. I’m thinking to myself “What ever happened to yes and no thank you?” and respond “I would have but the wine selection doesn’t carry his brand.”

So I try to make polite conversation throughout the flight and offer to show him around the Cincinnati night life but he’s blowing me off for some revival. That’s ok, I’ve been ditched for lesser things when he asks in an accusatory manner if I follow the Bible. “The Bible? Of course, I make sure there’s one in every hotel room I stay at!" Not only that but I visited quite a few of those cities mentioned in the Bible; Bethlehem, Nazareth, Jerusalem, Calvary, Jericho. You name about any town in East Texas and I probably drove through them at one time or another.

No comments: